From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:36:08 -0600
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:41:13 -0600, Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> The problem with an all-raw-food diet is that it will isolate or insulate
> you in most cases. ....  Maybe old people ... will find heavens with raw
> foods ... But I'm afraid that younger people on raw foods may  later
> on resent their lost or broken relationships, even if they at present
> say: "I don't care".

You raise a good point about being able to eat with others, as food *is* a
very social thing in our society.  Oddly enough, this came up in my
kitchen just this morning.  On Saturday, I tried the raw egg drink recipe
that was posted here last week.  That seemed agreeable to me, so I had it
again on Sunday, and then again this morning.  It is a quick, easy,
breakfast, and seems to leave me feeling good and strong all morning.
However, this morning my wife commented "I don't know if I like you eating
raw eggs."  I asked the obvious "Why?".  She responded "I don't know --
it's just not right."

A friend of mine has a saying "Perception *is* reality."  If people
believe you're weird for eating strange things, then to them, you *are*
weird.  People don't generally like to hang around with people they think
are weird.

I am not at all opposed to raw foods, but I do think the social aspect is
worth mentioning.  It's hard enough just being paleo.  Add raw paleo on
top of that, and it's going to be really difficult.

--
   Robert Kesterson