From:
tom roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:11:14 -0600
Kenny Brown wrote:

> sugar is the most addictive and powerful drug known to man.

I assume it is table or white sugar that is being mentioned and I
couldn't agree more. Before I discovered the Paleo way of eating there
was only two times in my life I had my eating and weight under control.
Both of those times involved getting off of sugar completely.

I know there has been some discussion in the past on this list that all
sugars are the same  but I am convinced that white sugar is different
and is especially addictive. I don't know if anyone has access to
scientific studies that show this but for me it is true. I can eat fruit
without any additional cravings but if I were to eat the smallest
serving of candy or ice cream I would instantly crave more and I quickly
lose my taste for natural foods and want only junk.

IMHO the first and most important step a person could take in changing
their WOE is do away with any food that has sugar added. That step alone
will improve your health and make a Paleo style diet much easier to stay
on.

Tom