From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:56:39 -0700
-
>So, this a support group so I ask a support question.  Are there more of
>you out there with real live experience eatin' meat raw?  What are the real
>risks (there are going to be a few for sure)?  If meat can be eaten raw, or
>near raw, will this change the daily fare?
 i have been eating for 10 years all the animals products in their raw
state, and didn't have any problem.
BUt
i eat it following the "instinctive nutrition guide lines" (raw undenatured,
not minced, not seasonned, not salted, not mixed with other foods,  as it is
!)
the taste barrier protecting from the ingestion of a spoiled meat, from
ingesting a food that is not needed at the moment, and maybe from eating
parasited meat ?(i have experienced a pain less and easy vomiting  of raw
salmon and raw oysters .)

i eat mostly  grass fed herbivorous, original raw food fed omnivorous
animals(whole grains, seeds and insects for birds: roots , nuts, vegetables,
meats for pigs....)
At time i eat commercial meat too (the least polluted available )

there is thousands of people eating raw meats instinctively for many years
(the longest for almost  40 years) and only one case have been recorded of
parasitic infection (trychonosis) . A personn that i know personally , ate,
without respecting the taste barrier (it didn't enjoy the taste ) , the
liver of a mangouse (carnivorous animal ) that he killed . it did it more
out of the excitement of a new experience  than  because he had the
instinctive attraction to it . He almost died from the infection!
I don't ask to be blindfully faithfull about the safety of eating raw meat
but it is certainly more safe IMO that to eat large amount of cooked animal
product
 That is, will fewer carbs of
>any kind be necessary, can one eat less fat, less 'calories?'  Same
>questions about eating non-muscle meats raw or near raw.

It is clear that eating raw bring you  to eat less  calories  (from my
experience and others), about fat i don't know because i eat lot of raw fat
myself.

>Many on this list seem to me to have extra resources or extra abilities at
>referencing scientific sources on the net.  Any help here, url's,
>citations, will be much appreciated.
they are way more chances to find scientific papers showing the danger of
bacterial and parasitic infection than ones suggesting that we don't have to
be afraid of our symbiotic partners in life.
For the good reason that scientific study are mostly financed by the drugs
manufacturers ( it is better business to sell  remedy than  to advertise the
sentence given by  Louis Pasteur on his death bed :<  Bechamp was right, the
germ is nothing,  it is the "germ environment " that is everything > (if
somebody have a better translation in english than  mine  ,let me know) <
Bechamp avait reason, le microbe n'est rien , c'est le terrain qui est
tout.>
And you can't make your inner ecology a balanced environment when you
exterminate one of its componant

>This thread seems a little too heated (maybe not) and, in part, a little
>off-topic to me tho' I suppose all is in order.  Different viewpoints from
>different positions, okay.  I too question the original post which makes
>many claims such as
>
>>  you eat raw meat, the salmonella bacteria have nothing to eat and you
will
>>  excrete them asymptomatically.
My wife got very surprised and disgusted when she expulsed a big worm a
short time after she did her 1st experience of eating only raw.
Kill lot of fish in the ocean and let them sink  and you will see a booming
of the crab population , have a healthy fish stock and see the crab
population limiting itself .( soon the fishermen here are going to blame the
crabs for the rarification of fish around here...)

>which I'd love to be true.  But I am not going to be the first on my block
>to test this one out without reason.

 it is true that i was not the 1st in the block to test the safety of raw
meat eating, being French i had a tradition behind me of eating raw animal
products  (with potential  e.coli and other goodies in them ) From early in
my childhood i ate very rare red meats  , almost raw eggs (yellow running),
dry sausages and raw hams, or lot of steak tartare (with raw beef and raw
eggs), raw unpasteurised dairies, some of them being a bacterian culture
(aged cheese)
It is true that lot of  French drink lot of wine with it , but i didn't and
the children neither. (alcohol is an antiseptic), but i ate lot of garlic
 enough to scare away any parasites)

 As to the post quoted just above, if
>it were labeled 'conjecture,' or presented with some backing, anecdotal or
>preferably with citation, it would be acceptable to me; presented as fact,
>uhm, I am going to try to find more info.
>
>I intend to continue my own research, however any type of experience or
>thought on eating any meat, raw or close to raw, esp. from this list, will
>be welcomed by me.

you better do your own experience  because North americans have been so
obsessed with sterilising their world , they don't know if they can handle
life anymore.
May be a new health product is coming on the market, intestinal worms (Ohio
study) and bacterias in an easely assimilated form in capsule sold in health
food store with the slogan : feel dead? bring some life in your gut!
OR in more officially, scientifically  respectable manner ,
< parasitic  vaccination>  sold by MD with the underlying message  :< scared
to death, kill them! >( sorry it is too late at night for me to stay
serious)
bout the asymptomatic parasite  visit , prezented by Dr zlovuck
My experience of " Naturel way of farming " show me that all the parasites
and bacteries are present in my orchard and all are asymptomatic not
affecting the plants in a desastrous manner like they do in a chemically
fertilised orchard.

Available for more question
Jean-claude

 So (I hate this TLA, but I must use it at least once