From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:52:39 -0500
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:25:08 -0600, Chris Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If you can't find any-- also look at *5HTP* supplements.

5htp is available at every corner (in the US but not in Germany).
I used to be very interested in 5htp because it's not disturbed by
the other amino acids.

However the article I cited mentiones that 5htp will be devoured by gut
cells which would decrease availability for the brain.
If I recall correctly, this effect is stronger if you are on a high
protein diet because the breakdown pathways are more active.

For those who want to supplement 5htp might be a good solution though.

A.S.