From:
Mary Craddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:11:22 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/00 1:48:07 PM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I've also heard it recommended to take a very cold bath if you think
you're
 becoming ill, etc., in order to raise the body's temp, i.e. fever.

I have heard of the reverse of this idea - that when you feel that you are
becoming
sick (with a viral infection, cold ,etc) that you should take as hot a bath
as you can stand in order to raise the body temp. I read that many viruses
cannot live in temps higher than our 98.6 and that the hot bath can raise the
body temp up high enough to kill some of the virus.
I thought it sounded logical, and I have done this when I have felt a cold
coming on.
It seemed to work, but the only way to really tell would be to do it when
sick once, and then not do it the next time. But...you won't know if it is
the same type virus that you had before.
I guess if it is relatively harmless and you believe it works, then it
probably will.
Your subconscious believes what you tell it to believe, (I've read).

And to Amadeus, thanks for writing back about the snow baths, etc. Something
to think about. I, personally, like to rinse off after a warm shower, in very
cold water.
I feel refreshed and more vigorous. I also noticed that when I wash my face
with cold water all the time, my skin looks so much better.
Love your name, by the way. Is it your real name?

I know, I know...this is not really a paleo foods discussion. My apology to
anyone that is perturbed. :) I do love this list and learn so much here. I
appreciate all of the intelligent people here and the ideas they express.

mc in Texas