From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:52:03 -0500
> Me:
> I eat as much as I can but my pants are getting tight. Maybe I am
> just eating too much? I didn't think that would be possible eating
> paleofood tho'...?

I have trouble gaining more than a few pounds on a lean-meat Paleo diet even
if I intentionally eat until I'm painfully overfull. Do you think if I eat
more fat I'll be able to put on more pounds? Maybe the high amounts of fat
are what are causing you to gain weight and the comparably low amounts of
fat are what are preventing me from gaining weight? It used to be so much
easier for me to gain weight when I ate grains and dairy--too easy. Now it's
a real chore.

> Regarding my bunions, I'm going to cut down on pemmican and see if
> gluttony is my problem.

I guess if you're eating a lot of it that could be a factor in the weight
gain, if not the bunions. If I get to the point where I can afford to eat it
regularly, I'll try pemmican to gain weight. I would be surprised if the
pemmican was aggravating your bunions, but if you find that cutting back on
pemmican reduces your bunion symptoms, let us know. It might indicate that
tallow from grain-fed animals can aggravate bunions. You do use tallow from
grain-fed animals, right?