From:
"~Rainah~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 09:55:07 -0500
!Donna wrote:

>>Along with what we eat, there are a lot
>> of ways that things can affect us. I'm
>> primarily thinking about things which
>> are absorbable through the skin. I'm
>> wondering if anyone has noticed
>> effects from 'going Paleo' on their
>> skincare and haircare products, etc. A
>> little bit of browsing the net on natural
>> vs. typically-used-commercial products
>> will yield all sorts of discourse on why
>> the latter are (allegedly) so bad for
>> one.

You are so right Donna.  This is a more serious problem than most people
are aware of...Here is an artical from my web pages...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are writing to you concerning one of the Top Ten Most Censored
Stories of 1997*. In our opinion this is a story that is being kept
quiet by huge corporations solely because of the profits they are
making.  The national CBS show "This Morning" aired a five part series
called Skin Deep. They stated that DEA, which is found in many shampoos
and skin care products, is carcinogenic. DEA is banned in Europe, but
still being used daily in the U.S.  Following is information regarding
studies of the harmful effects of Propylene Glycol (antifreeze) and
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate SLS (industrial degreaser and detergent). These
cheap ingredients are found in most toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner,
skin care, cosmetics and personal care products. Propylene Glycol is in
children's cough syrup, ice cream, bakery items, medicines and boxed
foods. It is also what airplanes are de-iced with.  Propylene glycol has
severe adverse health effects. It caused deafness, kidney damage, skin
rash and liver problems in scientific and animal studies. Shampoos (with
SLS) could retard healing and keeps children's eyes from developing
properly; children under 6 are especially vulnerable to improper eye
development. (Summary of Report of Research to Prevent Blindness, Inc.
Conference.) This is horrifying. There are 130 synonyms for SLS and 14
for Propylene Glycol.  The news program, 20/20, aired a report of an
incident in Haiti concerning the death of 88 children due to Propylene
Glycol being used in their medication.  There are warning labels on
toothpaste that state: "Warning: Keep out of the reach of children under
6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing,
seek professional help or contact a local poison control center
immediately".  The spring issue of the magazine Natural Lifestyle stated
there are more than 11,000 calls annually to the poison control centers
in the U.S. about children who have 'eaten' toothpaste and become ill.
Most skin, hair, dental, cosmetics and personal care products have
warning labels. There is something wrong with this picture.  Our skin
and mouth tissues ABSORB many chemicals. Why are we allowing POISONS
into our bodies? And people wonder why the cancer rate keeps going up?
We have a mission to educate people on ingredients that can cause cancer
and we encourage them to read labels on their personal care products.
Most people have learned to read food labels for their health. Now they
need to check their personal care labels for their health and the health
of their children. It is time to nationally inform the public of the
harmful ingredients in everyday products and give them the knowledge to
have control of their health in a way most people have not realized.
There are safe alternatives, if people just know what to look for.  If
you would like more information about safe products, please e-mail me!
Thank you, ~Rainah~