From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:15:57 -0700
Wally Day wrote:

>Personally, I really don't like animal fat all that much. When I eat it, at
>first it tastes ok, but after awhile it becomes somewhat "bland" to me. I
>don't know if this is a peculiar trait for me only, or if others experience
>it.

Wally,

Are you familiar with the "instincto" way of eating. They say that our
instinct helps us select food that our body needs. The basic idea is
that foods that our body "needs" will taste good to us and that as we
fulfill our body's needs, this particular food will start to taste less
good to us. According to them, the food must be raw, original and eaten
alone. Then if you are still hungry you then select a new food and
repeat the process until you are satisfied. Jean-Claude Catry on this
list has been practicing this for many years.

When I was first getting back into eating meat, I attended four
instincto workshops. The first was done by Bruno Comby from France. In
each case the variety of wonderfully tasting foods was impressive. Each
was at its peak ripeness. There is some discussion and then you pair up.
One person closes his eyes (so you are not confused about what you "know
" is good) and the partner brings over a each food and allows you to
smell it keeping track of the ones you respond best to. Then your
partner brings back the 5 that you liked the best and you choose one of
them. Then the roles are reversed and you do the same for your partner.
Sometimes you will only eat a few bites of a food and get a taste
change, You then go to your next favorite food until you are done.

My experience has been that I can do this even if I mix foods and/or
they are not raw and/or they are not totally original. This is, however,
instincto heresy.

This makes food selection and eating much easier. You don't have to
depend on anyone else, you let your body tell you the foods and
quantities. Seems to me that you are doing this in relation to animal fat.