From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:38:35 -0700
On Saturday, Jun 19, 2004, at 14:12 US/Pacific, Ashley Moran wrote:

> I was just wondering what everyone's views on water (or fluid in
> general) consumption is.
> ....From a paleo point of view, I imagine the body is well-designed to
> cope
> with short dry spells.  Since I started paleo I get the feeling that my
> body manages water much better and I feel a lot less thirsty.  I don't
> know if this is because of carb reduction?

I'm sure carb reduction plays a part. The body stores water in the
tissues to neutralize the lectins, etc and other toxins. We typically
see a huge water loss when getting off the bad stuff. And it takes a
tremendous amount of water to digest carbs; think about all the water
cereal soaks up.

That said, whenever I feel a bit peaky, I make an effort to drink
enough to pee way more than usual, and it always seems to help
normalize me.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!