From:
Mike Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:41:51 -0400
I feel like I'm talking to myself, however...
 According the the article I found at the link below, which was published by
the GOVERNMENT in 1996, "U.S. *consumption* of all caloric sweeteners has
risen from 127 pounds per capita in 1986, to 153 pounds in 1996, a
20-percent increase in 10 years
sweeteners has risen from 127 pounds per capita in 1986, to 153 pounds in
1996, a
20-percent increase in 10 years.
sweeteners has risen from 127 lbs per capita in 1986 to 153 lbs in 1996, a
20% increase in only 10 years."
 The article does state that sugar consumption has decreased but that the
use of High Fructose Corn Syrup and other artificial sweeteners has exploded
during that period of time, and that was almost 10 years ago. I wonder what
the figure is now.
 Gee, what else has surged in the past 10 years? How about diabetes, how
about obesity, how about autism, how about dozens of other maladies I can't
even think of.
 If this isn't some serious food for paleo thought, I don't know what is.
Check it out.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:QsaZ9Dyil28J:www.ers.usda.gov/publications/agoutlook/mar1997/ao238g.pdf+sugar+consumption&hl=en
 Mike W.