From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:56:33 -0600
From: "Jane Warner" <[log in to unmask]>
>I seem to have a strong Hunter-Gatherer metabolism, so
for me, white meat (breast) is nowhere as satisfying as dark meat (leg),
which is nowhere as satisfying as red meat (the redder, the better).  I
think the satisfaction quotient is about meeting a body's individual
metabolic needs more than just the number of calories, or in my case, the
sheer quantity of food.  I can be full and still hungry (not
satisfied).  Without enough fat, I am *very* cranky.  Dietary political
>correctness be hanged.

I'll have to join the bandwagon here with you and Adrienne.  As a matter of
fact, if I eat chicken breast or certain types of fish, I crave carbs unless
I add extra fat.  With higher fat I eat about a third less calories and with
lower fat my calories increase, but I've never checked with dietpower to see
how much of an increase.  Beef is a feel good food for me but as with all
grassfed meat, I have to add fat to feel satiated.  I make sure the fats
count....  Chopped avocado on top of sauteed onion and ground beef is a
favorite......    Oliva