From:
Lawrence Tagrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 12:02:59 -0400
I grew up Jewish in Chicago.  One of my favorite weekend breakfasts was
potato pancakes with sour cream.  After being on the Paleo diet (with great
success) for a while, I decided to try an re-create that diet using Paleo
ingredients.  I used the avocado-based paleo sour cream recipe already
posted, with a little more spices and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
 Here's what I did to create the potato pancakes:

Equipment:
Food processor (Kitchen-Aid 9-cup unit), non-stick skillet

Ingredients for Faux potato pancakes:
---------------------------------
3 green plantains
1 shallot
2 large eggs
(optional) 1 portabello mushroom
Coconut milk

Spices (to taste)
-------------------------
Curry Powder
Paprika
Mustard Powder
Salt
Pepper

Peel the plantains and cut them into 1-2" chunks.  Peel the skin off the
shallot and chop it into 4-6 pieces.  Put them in the food processor. Break
the eggs and add them to the food processor.  Start on low.

While the food processor is running, slowly add coconut milk and the
spices.  If any of the material starts collecting in the bottom of the food
processor, stop the processor and use a rubber spatula to mix it up a
little.

When the contents are the right consistency to make the pancakes, put into
a bowl.  Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet and use a small ladle or large
spoon to add the batter to the skillet.  When you serve the pancakes, serve
the chilled "sour cream" on the side so people can add it as they wish.
 This will make a filling breakfast for 3 people.

Larry
--
Keep the books,
Burn the censors