From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:40:46 +0000
I've met some pretty thin type-2 diabetics.  It looks to me that excess
fat around the waist is an indicator of diabetes because it is *caused
by the same thing* as diabetes, not because it *causes* diabetes.  But
then, if the media stopped abusing cause-and-effect mistakes it would
have nothing to report about food.

Working to combat obesity will improve all our health, but I doubt that
the removal of obesity will help us- more the removal of the things
that caused obesity along with all other modern health problems.

Ashley