From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:39:06 +1100
PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)(different from ovarian cysts) is
generally regarded in the medical literature as being specifically adapted
to the hunter gatherer lifestyle. ie all the medical gurus should agree that
the paleo diet is the ideal diet for PCOS.

If PCOS ladies eat the Western Diet then they put on weight very easily and
have increased difficulty falling pregnant.  cf they remain reasonably
fertile even when underweight (cf normal ovaries tend to switch off when
underweight).

I don't want to turn this list into a fertility forum- there are other lists
for that. Most fertility problems are related to maternal age not to other
factors- ie infertility rate at 18 is 2%, at 30 years is 20%- hence the IVF
explosion.

Ben Balzer