From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:44:12 -0500
>Did she have dairy when she was  young? Could it be the bovine growth
>hormone in the dairy?? Most kids my daughter's age (10 years) are giants.

That is an excellent point, Mary.

Christiane Northrup points out in her book that BGH affects our menstrual
health. I don't recall reading that it can be associated with early menses
(though it makes perfect sense), but I DO remember reading that BGH is
responsible for dysmennorhea (painful peroids).

I also recall reding (in a vegetarian article) that consumption of chicken
meat which had been fed growth hormone induced lactation in premenstrual
girls! I think this happened in a South American country in the early '90's
(?).