From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:48:37 -0500
----------
> From: EJCDC <[log in to unmask]>
> Since it takes 3 months after resistance training is started for muscle
> hypertrophy to occur, a person would have to add 3-4 lbs. of muscle mass
in
> the remaining nine months of the year to reach 30 lbs of increased muscle
> mass.  No physiology textbook or scientific article that I know of says
that
> this is possible w/out using drugs (steriods).
> Ed Campbell, DC,CSCS

I suggest that you read "Super Squats:  How to Gain 30lbs of Muscle in 6
Weeks".  It is
testament to several people who have gained 30lbs and more in 6 weeks of
MUSCLE.  Many
of these people were before the advent of anabolic steroids.  I'm sure that
you will regard
this andecotal evidence as nothing, but I suggest that this is another case
where science
must catch up with what is already a practical reality.  A physiology text
is not particularly
applicable as it does not address these issues in detail and exercise
science is rife with pencil
necks and armchair theorists.  Cases of large muscle gain without the aid
of anabolic
substances HAS been observed for so many that the question is not 'is it
possible' but
rather 'how is this done'.

Wade Reeser    [log in to unmask]