From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 06:33:04 -0700
On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:57:38 -0400 TempestTerriers
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> For those of you who are still smoking:
>
> My dad died last Sunday.  He was 79.   We learned that 80 % of all lung
cancer is caused by smoking, and  lung cancer loves brain cells  ....
so,
please please stop before you end up  like my father did!>>

Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your father. How sad to lose a
loved
one in such a long painful death.   I would like to add to what you
wrote
about lung cancer.  If people won't quit smoking for their own health,
at
least quit or smoke outside for your loved ones' health.  My mother in
law died 7 years ago due to second hand smoke.  My father in law is
still
living, but I take care of him due to his emphysema, asthma, collapsed
and curotted (sp?)  arteries and the inability to get around, all
related
to cigarette smoking and bad diet. *I call him the processed food
king.
He wont eat anything unless if comes from a can, a box or a bottle.
Also, he doesn't drink water.  If he gets thirsty he reaches for milk,
coke, coffee or a beer. When I go to clean his house or help him
bathe, I
wear a face mask, just to save my lungs. Again, I am so sorry to hear
of
your father, you and your family are in our hearts and our thoughts.
Trish