From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:14:39 -0500
Cortisol and adrenaline can raise heart rate.  Maybe the zero carb is
causing a little extra stress response.  How is your blood pressure?   If one's
blood pressure drops, then the heart rate goes up as well --  otherwise
you'd fall over.  My heart rate goes up when my bp drops.   This all assumes
that the bp is normal.  Heart rate of 70 to 80 is still  within normal range.
I'd bet the issue is increased cortisol and/or  adrenaline.

In a message dated 1/26/2012 2:39:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,