From:
Chris Issariotis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:45:40 -0500
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:57:52 EDT, Theresa Coast <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 6/11/02 10:04:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>

>> Has anyone else lost a lot of weight eating Paleo?  And
>
>I lost 18 lbs in about 6 weeks but i'm too busy to write much.
>
>Theresa

Hi

I have been following a paleo diet for about a year now. Including a few
plateaus I have lost 50lbs. I haven't given up coffee (only drink 1 or 2
espresso or Turkish coffee's a day instead of my previous 4 or 5). Still
eat cheese (imported Greek Feta, Kefalotyri and Italian Parmigiano
Reggiano) all made from grass fed animals if thats any consolation. I
us
ually drink a 4oz glass of wine a day or an ounce of brandy. However all
the rest of the forbidden foods I don't touch. Chocolate I haven't even
tasted in one year. My wife isn't Paleo and I do the cooking at home. So I
cook her all kinds of stuff like pasta and potatoes, I even bake bread. I
will taste the food to see if it is properly seasoned, But then I spit it
out. I don't buy grassfed beef just eat lean cuts like eye of round. Limit
my chicken and pork intake omega 3 profile is too bad. Eat fish everyday,
usually buy IQF frozen fish from ethnic markets for ridiculously low prices
(sole, kingfish, sardines, sea smelts, mackerel, tilapia). I live in
Toronto nearest ocean is 800 miles away and most fresh fish is farmed
anyway. Eat sashimi once a week always pass on salmon (don't like my fish
corn fed).

Take some supplements: Multivitamin without iron, one 500mg Niacin, two
300mg Magne
sium Citrate, Two 1000mg Wild Salmon Oil, Four 500mg Harp seal
oil capsules. I also made a hotsauce out of perilla oil that I use as a
condiment.

Something interesting is before I started eating paleo I used to snore like
crazy. Within two weeks my snoring was gone.

The Paleo diet I feel is definitely the way my body was designed to eat.

Chris Issariotis
05/24/01 279lbs
06/15/02 229lbs
12/31/02 205lbs I hope