From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:19:09 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2007 10:01:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Bottom line: Boil yourself a nice paleo egg, this gets your body's own
immune response to the area and will hopefully cure it like a caveman might
have!
Thank you so much for the tip -- next time I get this I'll sure try the egg
-- especially if it's on the upper lid.  One misunderstanding I think you may
have -- perhaps I wasn't clear enough  -- my red "bumb "was not on the upper
lid -- it was on the lower lid  area right around the lash line and a bit of
redness on the normally white "shelf" area righ above the lashes.  Update --
rather than wait until Sunday to have another serving of liver -- I made a 5 oz
serving the very next day after my first liver serving -- made it extra rare.
By the next morning, my lower lid looked virtually normal again.  No pain, no
swelling and my husband can't distinguish it from the other eye.  I can still
see a faint redness -- but no pain.  I also went to a steam bath for 10 minutes
yestereday and will do the same today.  I had no liver yesterday but this
morning -- my eye looks about 98% normal.  I'm going to the steambath again
today.  Some alternative/complementary physicians believe that styes can signal
vitamin A deficiency -- I have no idea whether or not you'll find peer reviewed
published studies.  In any event, Vitamin A is certainly protective against
infections -- so at the very least, I figured it couldn't hurt and may help
during my trial "do nothing -- or rather, do no antibiotic" phase.  I am also being
vigilant about cleaning lids and lower lash line.  So far, so good.  Another
clarification -- I didn't mean to imply that I would "just do nothing" forever
if eye worsened.  I just wanted to try other means before resorting to
automatic antibiotics because this was not a severe problem ie something like iritis
or an eye infection where I would absolutely use conventional medication
recommended ASAP.  But thank you again for the egg tip -- when the doc mentioned
heat/compresses being good -- I wondered how to keep a wet cloth hot, warm --
they get clammy pretty darn fast -- so this egg tip is really wonderful.  Thank
you again.