From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 06:45:56 +0300

> If you select out the farmed products only Nuts&Seeds are the high ones in
> fat.  And Game still had 25%. But the game group  has some farmed "game"
in
> it (beefalo, rabbit).
> Select the farmed "game" out and the % of kcal as fat will be about half.
> CLose to fruit then (!).

What this ignores is that paleo man, going by the evidence of latter-day
H/G's, took fulladvantage of most of the carcass, including brains and
kidney suet. This would have boosted fat intake percentage.

To give another example from my own locale.  There is an ancient pine called
the Bunya pine, growing only in one small area in Australia.  Aborigines
trecked from across the country for the triennial bunya nut harvest. It was
so important that all tribal enmities were suspended, while they feasted on
the nut for weeks.  This is the only such gathering in aboriginal culture.
They also buried them to let them ferment for preservation. Bunya is about
70% fat.

This is in a country packed with tropical and sub-tropical fruits.  The
equation is simple..fat is life, lack of fat is death.

Andrew