From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:54:39 MDT
>Am I misunderstanding your post:

Oh, sorry!

Dave: "Bananas?  You can't avoid those!  They're an excellent source
of
potassium, etc."
Me: "So's an avacado."
Dave: "Ha!  They have cholesterol!  So there!"
Me: sigh

Oddly enough, I wouldn't tell someone *without an insulin problem* to
avoid
bananas and I'm curious as to why they list this.  But bananas are not
the
end-all, be-all of potassium sources.  Due to effective ad campaigns,
however, people think they're the ONLY way to get potassium.

BTW, for me, a banana is too much natural sugar too soon.  Several
fruits
make me wanna eat the house down!  Grapes are especially bad; more
than a
small handfull and I feel bloated.  Other people do fine.  We're all
different, obviously.

Dori