From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:39:49 -0400
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:12:53 EDT, Mary Craddock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do you find that you are warmer all day by showering in cold water?
>Do you think that this really increases your metabolism substantially?

Yes, it makes me feel comfortable and worm all day and more fresh.
I have the tip from a guy who told that when going skeeing,
he always went into the snow naked (bath clothes) in the morning.
"and then you never feel cold all day" (cit: Hans Hass).

I suppose this is from an effect on the metabolism.

>Did you mean only very cold is "uncomfortable" as opposed to comfortable as
>you wrote?
For me very cold water (and running fast) feels much more comfortable.
Half worm water turning slowly cold is terrible for me.
Best thing is a thick tube where the water is running out very fast,
thus cooling faster and better. Ever heard of Kneipp?
I don't have this yet  but like it when I'm  saunabathing.

>I have read that drinking cold water encourages the body to utilize more
>energy(in warming the water in your stomach). I wonder if this is a
>significant increase in metabolism?
I haven't heard this.
But cold water in the stomach may easily cause very ill effects.
I'd better cool a little from outside.

Amadeus