From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:17:24 -0700
>My urologist tells me a high risk of developing prostate cancer is seen in men who consume high fat intake >from saturated animal fat.

So, what else is new?

My "beef" with the medical establishment is their obsession with "one cause". In other words, taking a specific piece of data and hyper-focusing on it to the exclusion of all other data. You might as well say prostate cancer is seen in men who eat. Or sleep. Or work. Or AGE.

The only weapon we have to combat the "medically-correct" establishment is our ability to engage in critical thinking. It behooves us to ponder, "I wonder if that is truly so...".

The risk factors, as determined by the ACS to date, are: age, race, nationality, family history, genetics, diet, obesity, exercise (or lack thereof), and infection/inflammation of the prostate. As far as diet they say, "Men who eat a lot of red meat or high-fat dairy products seem to have a greater chance of getting prostate cancer. These men also tend to eat fewer fruits and vegetables. Doctors are not sure which of these factors causes the risk to go up". Apparently "seem" is interpreted by some medicos as "high-risk".

My dad had prostate cancer at just about your age, and lived 20+ more years after that. Did he eat a high saturated fat diet? I would say no, not really. He would generally eat a couple of meat/fat meals per week, but would eat grains several times each day. Hmmm, seems contradict the diet observation.

Prostate cancer tends to run in families, which is a concern for me. I can't stop aging, I'm in the middle-risk race group, my nationality isn't going to change, my diet is pretty clean, I'm not obese, and the last 2 factors are iffy at best. I'll let you know in about 10 or so years if I was able to avoid it :).