Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:51:35 -0500
on 2/5/2001 8:05 AM, Amadeus Schmidt at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> If it was actually "suppressing libido" what Kellog wanted, I can assure you
> that he was on the wrong path. The woman with the best libido I met so far
> was a vegetarian grain eater since 20 years.

Ever wonder what it might be like if she went paleo? ;-) My own libido has
always been high, even when I was a vegetarian grain eater, but it went
through the roof when I started paleo.

> High dopamine I've read (somewhere else) to work in such a way that animals
> even try to mount other animals of the same gender.

I don't know enough to comment on other animals, but I can tell you that
lots of dogs will mount almost anything that moves (and some things that
don't). It has nothing to do with sex, it's a dominance, pack-order thing.

> What I remember from feeding dogs is that they are said to become more
> *aggressive* when fed raw meat.

And this is just plain wrong. My dog has been eating BARF for nearly 3
years, which means she eats raw meat every single day. She's one of the most
even-tempered dogs you'd ever want to meet. I personally know other people
who feed raw meat (in various feeding plans) and none of them has seen this
either. And I have encountered literally thousands of people in online
forums for the discussion of raw feeding, and never once found anyone saying
their dog became aggressive after eating raw meat.

The *only* people I have *ever* seen promoting this myth are those who have
some interest in keeping dogs on a grain-based kibble diet.

Irene