From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:16:17 -0800
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:34 PM Tracey Baldrey wrote:

And now I have another question.....I've read in so many places that too
much meat/protein is acidic forming and that the body needs to be slightly
alkaline, hence the reason for eating plenty of raw veg/fruit and less
protein.  What's your thoughts (and other members' thoughts too!) on this?

[Ron] This is a common belief, yet if you talk to people who typically eat
high protein, low carb diets, they consistently enjoy better bone health.
(Another part of that common belief is that calcium is leached from our
bones to neutralize that acidity.) I'm not familiar with the science of it,
but the claim does not seem to stand up in the face of lived experience.

best wishes,
Ron