From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:38:28 -0600
>That was a great story!
>
>Cheers,
>Kirt
>>
>>This is an absurd tale that bears no evidence of credibility, and
should never
>>have made it on to the list.  What this had to do with the subject of
kosher
>>food, or paleofood, is absolutely beyond me.  And it is EXTREMELY
OFFENSIVE.

I didn't think this would be so offensive to people, and I hereby
"retract" the story, if that is possible.  I do not apologize for posting
it, because it happened.

>>Mr. Crocker, you had no business posting this story, whether or not you
>>believed it to be true, especially as you heard this from someone else,
>>someone who may not like Jews or rabbis.

 The friend who related the account first hand is not just some guy my
wife and I know.  He is one of my wife's life long friends, and we are
all mature, serious adults (with nothing against any specific religion or
process).

this kind of anti-semitic nonsense needs to
>>stay off this forum.
>>And if you deny it's anti-semitic, you are a fool, or a liar.

If it is "anti-semitic" then it is.  However, it is not so because I have
anything against rabbis, but rather says some unfavorable things about
that specific rabbi.

>>Finally, I personally know a number of individuals in my town who are
involved
>>in the kosher food business, and I never have heard allegations of any
bribe
>>taking or anything similar to the allegations in the story.

I am sure that is true.  I NEVER make generalizations to an entire group
based on the behavior of one individual.

>>You have touched a raw nerve, and I hope, if you ever post anything
again, it
>>will relate strictly to paleofood.
>>
>>Maurice

I am sorry the event offended you.  However, I did think it related to
paleo food, as much as many other posts do when talking about where
certain foods come from and/or how they get from where ever they are to
the consumer.  I doubt that the whole kosher process is run by monkey-
smuggling rabbis, but I know one rabi that put a black mark on the whole
process.

For what it's worth, this was for a concentrated fruit pulp and fruit
kosher process, not meat.

James Crocker
"Taking a new step...is what people fear most."
 - Dostoyevski