From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:50:27 +0900
On-line love, and to think I was right here to see it blossom (blink
blink tears). By the way, to keep this paleo-food related, we picked
blossoms from various greens, turnip, radish and the like, from my
winter garden (it does not freeze here much) for dinner tonight. They
are edible raw, I like to nibble them fresh as I weed, but much better
steamed or boiled for a few seconds. The wild variety grows everywhere
around here and makes excellent greens too, though the root is very
woody. I imagine it was a useful starvation food for the old japanese.
The seed pods from radishes are great too when still green and young,
like a mild radish in flavor, but green and crunchy. I have not tried
them cooked yet. If you just let your radishes go without pulling
them, they will grow tall and give you lots of edible greens.