From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 21:37:40 +0900
> Depends what dose of parasite, bacteria, or virus one is exposed to,
> and
> one's immune status.
>
> Rob

Well said, Rob. I have lived in 3 countries of very widely varying
sanitation levels. Some bacteria are predators, plain and simple. They
want to kill and eat us. Or, make us so sick we spray diarrhea all over
and infect everyone around us too.

Here in Japan I strictly avoid ground beef, even cooked. The recent
cases of mad cow disease, though few in number, make me very wary.
There have been quite a number of food sanitation scandals in recent
years here involving the beef industry, including cases where mad cow
was detected but the animal was sent into the market anyway. I eat
Aussie and US beef. The thought of eating raw Japanese hamburger gives
me the willies!