Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:10:00 -0800
Paul brings some true points:

> the trouble with ...not pruning fruit trees, is that these
> are not natural trees anyway
> ...Most [of these] fruit trees are not that healthy without some work
> from man.

i agree.
and i guess i was too cursory in my messege. for example,

1. i neglected to mention
    a. the older / wilder the fruit variety, the better
    b. emphasis on nuts & berries

2. i did not mean that any method of ariculture could, by deffinition, ever
be paleo. but in the context of the discussion re. population / sustainable
paleo, i wanted to mention a method which comes much closer to it than
"conventional" methods -- such as ploughing, monoculture, etc. (even IF
organic.)

Howerver, re.
> I think fruit is a bit of a problem for true Paleo eating.  Not all, but a
> lot of the fruit available to us is not natural.  And even fruit that is
> natural, like blackberries, would only be available for a couple of weeks
> each year.
>
> Fruit should, in real Paleo diets, be a very small, occasional thing.

i think this depends on where you live (continental seasonal vs. tropical),
and whether you have access to old / wild fruits.

good health to all,
liesel