From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:49:29 +0000
On Dec 31, 2005, at 1:52 pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I agree 100%. I have had type two diabetes for 40 years and spent
> the first
> 15years on the ADA regimen (high carb, low fat) with the usual
> elevated BG
> readings. In 1980 when home testing of BG levels became possible I
> started
> testing my reactions to different foods and developed my own
> personal "glycemic"
> index. Over the past 20 years I have gone from a "low Carb" diet to
> an almost
> "0" carb regimen. My analysis of yesterdays food by calories was:
> Fat 52% /
> Protein 30% / Carbohydrates 4% / alcohol 14%. This is typical of my
> daily food
>  regimen. My BG readings are in the "non-diabetic range" ( average
> 90 mg/dl )
>  Carbohydrates are not needed by humans.   JerrySteg

Wow thanks for posting this- I've been looking for ages for proof
that it is possible to be diabetic and live symptom-free.  The
standard thinking seems to be that once you have diabetes you just
have to start waiting for things to start dropping off.  I just
couldn't believe this.

Unforunately I just know that if I showed your post to a hundred
diabetics I'd be lucky to get one that thought there was anything in
what you were saying.  And if I showed it to a hundred doctors I'd be
lucky not to get burnt at the stake :o)

I agree with your last statement about carbohydrates.  I am quite
happy if the only carbs I get are from spinach, cauliflower and other
similar almost carbohydrate-free veg.  Vegetables make it a lot
easier to get vitamin C and certain minerals though, so I wouldn't
want to cut them out completely.

Ashley