From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:33:25 -0600
"Tom" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jay Banks wrote:
>
> > I think a body overburdened with constantly trying to
> > digest cooked animal products is a primary cause of cancer.
>

> I think the primary cause of cancer is old age. Societies
> where people grow old have high cancer rates.

Research has proved that a Himalayan tribe known as the 'Hunza'
-- famous in part because of their unusual longevity --
never contract cancer or suffer from heart disease if they stick to
their native diet (but fall victim to these diseases in the same
numbers as us if they move to a westernized diet).

> Not smoking, not drinking to excess, has far more
> relationship to cancer risk than any dietary change you
> could make. Dying young prevents cancer too.

You should check out some of the testimonies on
Hallelujah Acres some time. There are volumes of
people who went on the Hallelujah Diet and had
their cancer heal (and most other diseases).
There are also the stories of many other people such
as Rev. Malkmus, who started the Hallelujah Diet,
Dr. Day (www.drday.com), and many others who went
on a primarily raw food diet, low in grains and meat
(like a meatless paleo diet), and who were healed of
their cancer.

Then there was Dr. Norman Walker, who healed
himself of a serious liver problem eating a raw-food
diet plus some raw goats milk and cheese, and
went on to live to be 110 - 118 years old.

Also worth noting here is the experience of Dr.
Binzel, who treated his cancer patients with
a combination of a cooked vegetarian diet and
vitaminb17. His results:

-=-=-=-=-=-

http://www.whale.to/m/binzel.html

What all of this means is that out of 180 patients, over a period of 18
years, 87.3% did not die from their disease. Even if I concede that the 7
patients who died of "cause unknown" did, indeed, die from cancer, I am
still looking at 16.7% of patients who died from their cancer and 83.3% who
did not. One hundred and thirty-eight of these patients are still alive.
Fifty-eight of these patients (42%) have a follow-up of between two years
and four years. Eighty of these patients (58%) have a follow-up of between
five and eighteen years. It is important to realize that this is ongoing. By
the end of 1992, some new patients would come into the two-year category,
and those in the four-year category would move into the five-year category.

I now ask you to compare my results with the statistics of the American
Cancer Society for primary cancer. The American Cancer Society tells us that
in primary cancer, with early diagnosis and early treatment with surgery,
and/or radiation and/or chemotherapy, eighty-five percent (85%) of the
patients will die from their disease within five years.

'Nuff said.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The other side of that, even though I have met many healthy raw vegans, is
that there are some people whose hair, teeth, etc. start to fall out after
extended periods of eating this way (I think a lot of this is caused by
excessive fruit eating, personally. That and the poor mineral content of our
soil).

The funny thing is that while the rest of the world struggles to count
calories, and constantly battle their weight while doing so, a person who
eats a 75 - 85%+ raw-food diet will usually look for the most calorie dense
foods to *keep weight on*.

And that is really why I decided to add some meat back to my diet. Even
though I didn't have any problems and feel/felt great (still have my hair
and teeth), I dropped from a couple of hundred pounds-plus down to 144
pounds pretty quickly. This was fine with me, but it caused some
relationship problems in my family and I'm just not in a position at this
point to lose any more weight. My goal is to add just enough meat back to
maintain my current weight. So far this has worked out to me eating 75 to 80
raw food, plus fish, game meat, or raw eggs at one meal each day, about 3 to
4 times per week. Basically, it is almost exactly paleo...but it looks like
I'm eating a lot less meat than some people appear to be.

Right now, my weight is holding good and I'm still feeling good. I'm still
working out every other day, three to four times per week (with weights) and
doing an Ab program on the days in between those days. My arms have done the
best and show the most muscle, but this is mainly because the exercise
program I do -- the Power 90 -- focuses on the upper body. I would like to
get a weight bench and some free weights but it will probably be next year
before I get to that point.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Howdy Jay... honestly, I must not be paying attention because I never see
too much evolution stuff on here.  I think most of us are doing it because
we tried it and saw results!  Besides, everyone knows there're no such
things as evolution or God - only the aliens... (joking).

> Josh
>
> Austin, TX

LOL.

I'm in Palestine, TX, which is probably about a four hour drive from you.
Nice to hear from you.

Jay Banks
www.roadtowellsville.com