From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:13:21 -0700
At 04:42 PM 08/31/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>
>>         I've been training for over 20 years and
>> have yet to meet even one
>> individual that can train 6 days a week and make
>> gains for any period of
>> time without losing their health.
>
>I reply:
>
>I personally know some non-competitive bodybuilders
>who routinely work out 5-6 days per week amd have done
>so for years.

        I didn't say that some couldn't train that often. My focus was
on whether
they made progress or not. I too have seen many train for years going
4-6
times a week. They also don't make appreciable gains in size or
strength
and many cases actually have loses in both. This frequency is simply
too
much for the well trained non drugged lifter over time.

>Maybe they use supplements, though I doubt any of them
>use steroids.
>
>Maybe it works for them because they work a given
>bodypart directly only once per week.

        I have seen some train this frequently for short periods of
time and make
progress but their workouts only lasted about 8-15 minutes each.

>Maybe the key phrase here is non-competitive.
>
>The workout I'm experimenting with now (see earlier
>digest) may or may not be the best or the most
>productive. Some would opine that it's too little for
>muscle stimulation, some would argue that it's too
>much. But, I find it fun and challenging, and it's one
>I can easily adapt to my schedule.

        Obviously, the most important factors are your own
goals/focus.

Dave