Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:43:43 -0800
From all this mineral reading I've been doing, it sounds like the
mineral-testing people at least believe minerals have to be in proper
balance to avoid allergies.

I also have read a bit about colostrum, which is apparently not milk per
se but the fluid that mammalian mothers produce right around birth that
if breastfeeding their progeny gets *before* milk comes in-- filled with
immunity-helpers that, to my understanding of the way it supposedly
works, babies don't get any other way.

They market cow colostrum in capsules. Now, I'm not sure that
technically one could even use the stuff if not one day old, but it's
interesting. I gave some to my mom, who doesn't care a hill of beans
about supplements but has tried some different ones at my prompting..
she says after about half a month of doing it she pondered whether it
wasn't making her feel more energetic. The one thing that she kind of
swears by now is a colloidal mineral supplement (one of the
chain-marketed variety). And I've seen my elderly dad's *white* hair
growing in all dark brown after a few months of use of it... so.

Donna