Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:04:24 +0900
Debra Kierstead wrote:

> We are on a tight budget right now

Just avoiding junk food saves a lot of money. My meals cost
more, but I don't think I am spending a lot more on food
than before.

Ground meats are usually pretty cheap. Increasing the oil
content of the diet makes you feel satisfied on a lot less
food, and even the expensive oils like olive are actually
fairly cheap when considered as calories.

If you must eat grains, choose the less problamatic ones
like oats or rice, or eat potatoes. At least, these don't
seem to cause immediate rections in me, unlike wheat. Look
into the Weston Price materials for ideas on how to improve
the quality of non-paleo foods. I think this is a distant
second best, but if paleo is just too expensive, it is still
a lot better than the junk most people eat.