From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:15:13 -0700
Howdy, Listers!

Just another reminder that Mike Eades will appear on Fox News Channel's "The
O'Reilly Factor" this coming Monday (bar a major catastrophe or other news
event bumping him and other guests).

Please remember that O'Reilly reads mail on the air every episode.  Not all
of it, of course, but here's where we come in.  To respond to Mike's
appearance, write O'Reilly at...

Tips; do NOT send your letter to friends on other lists.  DO send the
address and encourage people to write their OWN letters.  Unless it says
"We, the undersigned..." no mass letter should be sent to a news
organization.  They'll smell it a mile away.  60 Minutes once all but ripped
a group a new corn chute on the air for having a tribe of viewers send the
exact same letter to the show's producers.  Not good.

What should the letter say?  Don't go on too long and get straight to the
point.  While Mike talks about the diet of early humans, I wouldn't
recommend saying 'paleolithic' more than once, and even then, explain what
it means.  For example:

"Dr. Mike Eades is right; this is what we were meant to eat.  Paleolithic
nutrition, or the diet of early humans, is a new field of scientific
research.  But it's being ignored by the federal government...."

Wait until the segment runs, then have at it.  The more responses O'Reilly
receives, the more likely he is to read the mail and keep the topic going
for a nice, long time.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO