From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:54:17 +0900
On Tuesday, Jun 1, 2004, at 21:16 Asia/Tokyo, John Holman wrote:

> Try Apple Cider Vinegar.  I recently read someplace (can't remember
> where)

Probably on this list. Someone mentioned it a while back, and I did
again this spring when I was talking about acid reflux. I agree, it
really does work. A spoonful in a cup of water is the way I took it.
Haven't needed it for a few months though.

> that reflux was a result not enough acid and that taking some Apple
> Cider
> Vinegar during an acid attach would stop it.  Well, I tried it some
> weeks
> ago and to my surprise it worked.
>
> Paleo works too.  But I was on my Paleo / chocolate, ice cream and
> whisky
> diet so I needed  some special help (grinb).

Funny you mention ice cream. I have narrowed down the causes of my acid
reflux and ice cream is right at the very top. I got to wondering why,
at 42 years old and never having such trouble before I should start
suddenly to get this trouble. I worked back to when it first started,
the first few signals, and what had changed about that time. Two
things, I started using lots of crushed ice in my drinks, and I started
eating LOTS of frozen berries with cream on top, a kind of instant ice
cream. I believe I literally gave my esophagus frostbite by eating too
much frozen foods.

I cut out all frozen foods, and too hot foods and drinks too just in
case that was bad too. In a few days I started feeling a little better,
and I have gradually returned almost to normal. Now I don't have any
acid reflux symptoms unless I really go overboard with the 'bad' foods,
like drinking lots and lots of coffee or tea, or eating ice cream. A
few bites of ice cream is enough to give me belly pains, so I almost
never have any.

If you have acid reflux try giving up frozen and very hot foods for a
while. It sure seems to be helping me.

> The Apple Cider Vinegar really worked...no bull.

Yep.