From:
Lisa Wiedeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:53:31 EST
Theola and Barbara,
I have read your emails to the list with great interest.  I am fairly new to
trying to alter my diet to Paleo after reading "Neanderthin" and a lot of
archives from this list and a lot of information on the Mercola.com website.  My
husband thinks I'm "going off the deep end" so to speak and it is very hard
trying to change my diet when I have a 4 and 6 year old who would love to subsist
on pasta, cereal, bagels and pizza if I would let them.  My husband is a
carbo addict too although only about 10 pounds over weight, so he feels no need to
alter his diet.  I am a doctor of optometry, so being in the medical field, I
tried explaining insulin, digestion, etc. etc. to him but I think you need to
be interested in this and come upon this on your own.  It is very hard to be
the food shopper and cook and impose my beliefs onto him, and very difficult
to have the temptations of ice cream etc in view each day.   Thanksgiving will
be interesting :)
In any case,  I thank you for your interchange,  it has helped me in my road
to Paleo.

Regards,
Lisa