From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:25:14 -0500
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:03:48 -0800, Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If you compare these figures to
>any of the estimates of what our hominid ancestors were eating on
>the African savannah of these four categories of foods, I think that
>you will find that you are quite off the mark.

So, then would you specify what "any of the estimates of what our hominid
ancestors were eating" tell in your references?
I'd be interested. Tell us.

I have for example:
<<Average Percentages of Energy in Wild Foods Avail-
able to Hominoid from Carbohydrate,Protein,and
Lipid
Food Type Carbohydrate Protein Lipid Calories/g
Fruit      50 10  5     2.85
Seeds      20 15  8     2.12
USOs       30  8  4     1.88
Meat        0 60  4     2.76
note:Carbohydrate,protein,and lipid values are given by
Conklin-Brittain,Wrangham,and Smith (1998 b )for plant items
and Leung,Busson,and Jardin (1968 )for meat.Energy values are
calculated assuming 4 cal/g for carbohydrate and protein and 9
cal/g for lipid (RDA 1980 ).>>

I wonder which combination of the above you would suggest in average,
maximum and season-long.

>All power to the tubers but let us see first see what the numbers show....

hmhmm

>..Your dilemma is that no
>matter how many compelling arguments you try to come up with,
>it does not change the reality that you did not become a vegetarian
>because of "facts".

And I am *not* discussing here,
among a lot of meat eaters, if it was good to become vegetarian or not.
Please let us keep it this way.
It has nothing to do with nutrition.
It was a bad hour when I once a few years ago said that I don't eat any
meat. The discussions were less disturbed before.

Amadeus