From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:27:32 -0600
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:58:42 -0600, Day, Wally <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Maybe I'm just being dense here, but I'm still having an issue with the
> concept that - apparently - "cooking" the fat is OK (for the raw
> foodists), but cooking aything else is not? Or, is it just a few raw
> foodists who eat pemmican, and the rest avoid/abhor it?
I eat pemmican occasionally, as "travel food", or a meal when I have only
a couple of minutes to put something together.  I agree, eating it all the
time
seems bizarre to me.  But different people have different problems to deal
with,
so I can't say that eating pemmican daily is "wrong" for those people.

Pemmican was always made with dried meat and rendered (i.e. heated) fat.
It won't
keep otherwise.  If you are mixing air-dried meat and raw fat, it's food,
but it's
not pemmican.

	Lynnet