From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 00:12:35 -0400
Well, I have returned from my vacation, somewhat rested, and way
behind in e-mail.

Before I left, I attempted to post an update on my cholesterol
situation, but accidentally posted it on the wrong list (I really
did need this vacation).  The gist was this:

Although two weeks ago I had been alarmed at total cholesterol
level of 302, with LDL 242, a week later I bought a CholesTrak
kit and used it, after just a few days of nutritional
supplementation.  My total cholesterol reading was 205.  I'll
probably check it again sometime this week.  I'm guessing that
the main variable was stress, as Muriel guessed, and not the
quick action of the nutritional supplements.

During the trip I was fairly successful in adhering to
NeanderThin guidelines and in fact was a walking advertisement
for this way of eating.  My family members in Rhode Island
haven't seen me since last winter, when I was 35 pounds heavier,
so the change was striking to them.

I did "fall off the wagon" a couple of times, however.  On Friday
night we visited some old friends.  I was very hungry and the
only "food" served was nachos and beer -- a winning combination!
Tasted good, but caused an immediate three-pound water retention,
and some gastric distress.

Worth it, though.

Todd Moody