From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:03:59 +0900
On Saturday, August 13, 2005, at 04:49  PM, kantotero wrote:

>  But it seems to me that creationism and paleo-eating
> would certainly be, given that many of paleo tenets are derived
> from the fossil record.

Well, a little is from the fossil record. More is supposition and
guesswork, based on modern hunter-gatherers, the design of our teeth
and digestive tract, things like this.

The fossil record gives us a handful of skeletons, some of which have
been studied to try to determine what they were eating. Apparently red
meat for neanderthals, and mixed meat, fish and veggies for cro-magnon.
Unfortunately we don't really know that much about the details, and
modern hunter-gatherers vary widely in their diets, so probably our
ancestors did too, over time and generations and place.

Creationism, either old earth or young earth doesn't really come into
it. Even the young earthers argue about what the ideal diet God might
have wanted for us, based on the slim information in the Bible.