Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:47:55 +1100
Its great that the expression of your genes enabled you to disable your gene
for diabetes William.

However that does not constitute evidence that DNA can be manipulated by
diet.
I have the gene for diabetes and for PCOS. Even though my paleo diet
preceded the onset of diabetes by many years, I was not able to prevent it
or its progression. I am able to manage it and so minimise the damage but it
is becoming increasingly more difficult even with the strictest of dietary
strategies to stop the progression of the disease. My genes have not allowed
me to disable it despite not eating what my grandmother ate.

Leonie