From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:22:04 -0400
A few weeks back I described a problem I had been having
intermittently, involving bloating, diarrhea, and other
uncomfortable symptoms.  I hypothesized that I wasn't tolerating
leafy greens very well.  Further experimentation suggests that
pretty much any form of roughage is problematic.  By "roughage" I
mean insoluble fiber, cellulose.  I have found that nuts give me
the same problem, and so do some other veggies, but not fruits.
The fiber in fruits and berries is predominantly soluble.  I'm
not sure of the reason, but if I keep my intake of roughage low
(I don't have to avoid it altogether) I can avoid the problem.

Todd Moody