From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:13:50 -0600
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:11:30 -0600, Judee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> A longer fast doesn't  seem
>> to have any significant impact on my blood glucose level either -- it's
>> the same whether I ate six hours ago or 36 hours ago.
>
> Sounds like you're not burning off your glucose or there's a metabolic
> problem.

I doubt it's that I'm not burning it.  I'm pretty active, and have to make
a particular effort to eat enough that I don't lose weight.  Besides, my
FBG isn't that high (99), just higher than I'd like.  FWIW, I am not
aiming for zero-carb, or even particularly low-carb (I eat a couple of
pieces of fruit a day, and sometimes some root vegetables like carrots or
sweet potatoes), nor am I aiming for glycogen depletion or ketosis.  I'm
just aiming to stay healthy into old age.

As for metabolic problems -- like what?  (I'm genuinely curious.)

--
   Robert Kesterson