From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:34:54 EST
In a message dated 3/23/01 11:34:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I wonder if there is a larger than average percentage of more neo-pagan
 type leanings amongst those who are particularly drawn to paleo-like diets
 for reasons beyond dealing with serious illness?  As you point out, the
 philosophies and the eating go nicely hand-in-hand.

Dianne, I think there would be. Paganism is our natural "religion," and by
our I mean the human race. You've only to see those cave paintings at Lascaux
or Altimira to know that humans have always been spiritual.

Pagan means country dweller, and all worship originally took place at sacred
places -- springs, mountain tops, caves, etc. All special features of the
landscape. This is the connection with nature that we originally had. Most
christian churches in Europe are built on a pagan sacred site -- springs,
hilltops, etc.

If you are sensitive to nature, you can feel this. Certain places emit more
energy than others, and you can detect this, if you have a high level of
sensitivity. People living in harmony with nature do have this sensitivity,
and I am starting to understand what it means with this paleo philosophy.

Paleo liiving gives you more energy, and it is this energy that allows you to
detect the life force of other living things. This is the concept of at-one
ness with the world around you. This is why native peoples teach that we are
all equal, that every living thing has a spirit, including the rocks ("the
living rock").

Christianity is what has led us up this garden path to where we are now, that
is totally disconnected from nature.

This is interesting stuff!

Charles