From:
PLVentura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:26:01 -0500
Erik,

Several years ago, I also tested IgE & IgG positive for many foods.

This is what worked for me.  I devised a 4 day rotation plan of all the
foods I could tolerate, including ones I had lower antibody reactions
to.  My list was very small, to start with.  Lamb, chicken, turkey,
deer, certain types of fish; brocolli, collards, kale, radish, green
beans, kohlrabi--all well cooked.  No fruits, nuts, and only olive oil.
I stayed with this diet for over 3 years, as I learned which foods
affected me and how.  Very intermittantly, I'd try a little winter
squash here, a few pecans there.  I finally slacked off the rotation
recently, as I had been able to put back several foods into my diet.  I
find I'm having a few problems again, but I've been sneaking in some
ketchup a little more often than my body likes, and overdoing the peanut
butter at times.  I've learned how much and what types of fruits and
nuts I can handle.

I'll be the first to admit this is a tedious process, but it has paid
off for the most part, with a healing gut and a remission of my Crohn's
disease.  It takes a lot of self-discipline, but if your symptoms bug
you long enough and hard enough, you'll do something as weird as this!

Lois