From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:13:25 -1000
Mary (on bone marrow)

>Does he give them to you free?

No. About a dollar a pound. People buy them for their dogs as a treat.
There is also a market for marrow as research raw material in medical
science.

>If you cook them, how long?

My wife doesn't like it when it is hard and I sometimes put the cut bone on
the grill until it is melted to butter consistency--she enjoys this much
more. Our 10 month old likes it either way.

>Don't you eat them both raw and sometimes cooked?

The melted stuff is great. Yeah, I have eaten it melted but usually raw.

>What percent is marrow? And, how much calcium does it have?

I don't know.

>I would like to try beef and pork.

Go ahead and cook it. Like suet it will melt to liquid if you keep heating
it, and then will harden when it cools again.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft