From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:52:37 EDT
Siobhan,

You seem to be picking at the strangest parts of the responses.

I, for one, don't care what the Russians are doing, since scientists
in the
US have far more freedom and independence.  My father is a physicist
and has
never once had the government knock on his door telling him he can't
research
something.  Both my sister and her husband are chemistry professors
and have
never had the government knock on their door and tell them they can't
research something.

There was also the point that Russians *are* using microwaves.

As for fat content in microwaved meat, that was a strange thing to
pick out
of the whole article.  We all know that's the popular train of thought
these
days.  But to get very nit-picky, the author was actually correct,
according
to what I've read from Ray and Loren Cordain.  Unless you are eating
naturally fed free-range meats, you should not be ingesting excess
amounts of
the fats on domestic animals.

I use my microwave to reheat meats but not cook them, since I like my
meat
browned.  Not that this makes any difference one way or another to the
debate. :)

Denise