From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:11:39 +0100
On Jul 31, 2008, at 2:31 am, Elizabeth Hawxhurst wrote:

> Ray does mention trimming meat in Neanderthin, BUT there is a
> caveat.  The
> only place in the book where it mentions trimming fat is in the
> chapter
> "Before Getting Started on Neanderthin" and there is a footnote on
> page 79
> of my paperback that says that the discussion of fats in that
> chapter is
> based on conversations with Dr. Cordain.  So it's really Cordain
> recommending that fat be trimmed and not Ray himself.  I wish Ray
> hadn't
> included that bit with Cordain's ideas in it because it seems to run
> so
> counter to the rest of the book and then gets misconstrued as being
> Ray's idea.

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks, I feel sane again now :)

Personally, I think Cordain should be locked up for promoting people
eat lean meat.  It is the single biggest mistake ever made in a paleo
book!  God only knows how many people have experienced rabbit
starvation trying to follow his recommendations and came to the
conclusion paleo is wrong.

Cheers
Ashley